Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Contender: One bottle for two drinks


A little while back I wrapped up a personal project to add to my portfolio. With a strong interest in sporting equipment, I wanted to add a project or two to really show that. This concept came as a result of the long hours of training I completed for my last half-ironman. It's an insulated water bottle that can hold both a sports drink and water; to switch between the two simply turn a valve to open the straw to the desired compartment. One of the challenges I faced was sealing the two compartments separately so that no spillage occurs. I approached this by drawing inspiration from a mason jar lid; the result can be seen below. I got some great feedback from designers at both Camelbak and Hydrapak which may lead to some changes soon. I don't think my conscious will leave this project alone until it is production ready. You can view more details on the project at my website here: Contender




No comments:

Post a Comment